Deadline: November 14, 2014.
Award Amount: $200,000/year for three years
The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (ORHP) is pleased to announce that the FY15 Rural Health Care Services Outreach Grant Program funding opportunity announcement (announcement number: HRSA-15-039) is now available. To access the application package and learn more about the funding opportunity announcement, please click on: http://www.grants.gov/view-opportunity.html?oppId=264030 (look under ‘application package’ tab)
BRIEF SUMMARY (Refer to HRSA-15-039 funding opportunity announcement for more details and information)
The lead applicant must be a rural non-profit or rural public entity that represents a consortium of at least 3 health care providers.
Purpose and Goals of FY15 Outreach grant program:
The purpose of this grant is to improve outreach and service delivery in local and regional rural communities. The goals for the Outreach Program are the following:
- Expand the delivery of health care services to include new and enhanced services exclusively in rural communities
- Deliver health care services through a strong consortium, in which every consortium member organization is actively involved and engaged in the planning and delivery of services
- Utilize and/or adapt an evidence-based or promising practice model(s) in the delivery of health care services
- Improve population health, demonstrate health outcomes and sustainability
- Applicants can request up to $200,000/year for three years.
Deadline to apply:
- The deadline to submit an application in www.grants.gov is November 14, 2014. ORHP strongly recommends that applicants submit their applications prior to the due date to avoid any technological problems. All applications have to be submitted electronically in www.grants.gov and waiver requests to submit a paper copy application will not be accepted.
Technical assistance webinar:
There will be a technical assistance webinar on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 from 1:00-2:30pm EDT to assist applicants in preparing their applications. The technical assistance webinar is open to the general public. The purpose of the webinar is to go over the funding opportunity announcement, and to provide any additional or clarifying information that may be necessary regarding the application process. There will be a Q&A session at the end of the webinar to answer any questions. While the webinar is not required, it is highly recommended that anyone who is interested in applying for the FY15 Outreach Program plan to listen to the webinar. It is most useful to the applicants when the funding opportunity announcement is easily accessible during the call and if questions are written down ahead of time for easy reference.
Call-in number (for audio):888-282-9630 // passcode: 1632772
URL (for web): https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/fy15_outreach_foata/
Prior to joining, please test your web connection: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.
Note: You must dial into the conference line to hear the audio portion of the webinar. No registration is required. To access the webinar recording, visit http://www.hrsa.gov/ruralhealth/about/community/careservicesoutreach.html.
FY15 Rural Health Care Services Outreach FOA program contact:
Linda Kwon, MPH
Rural Health Care Services Outreach Program Coordinator
Office of Rural Health Policy
Telephone: (301) 594-4205